We recognize the trust you place in us when visiting the practice and want to share with you the actions we are taking at SF Oral Surgery to keep you and our team safe with the current threat of COVID-19. At SF Oral Surgery, we are continually focused on the health and well-being of our team and our patients. We have been busy establishing updated protocols and processes as we prepare to welcome new and existing patients back to our practice.
To provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC, CHPH, as well as State and Local guidelines by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you too can help ensure a safe and healthy environment:
What We Are Doing
- We are maximizing our HIPAA compliant telehealth calls for virtual consultations in order to minimize the amount of patients we have at our practice. Please click here to access our secure virtual consultation form.
- We will be reviewing COVID-19 screening questions with each patient on the phone or by email prior to your scheduling and again once you arrive for your appointment.
- We are performing temperature checks through touch-less thermometer at check-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments for a thorough and deep cleaning of the treatment rooms, as well as the reception and administrative areas.
- The chairs and tables in the reception have been removed to accommodate social distancing and all surfaces including desktops, door handles etc. are disinfected every hour.
- Restrooms will be disinfected after each use.
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients.
- We are incorporating all necessary patient forms online through our website. In addition, we will be directly emailing these forms to patients prior to check-in to limit paper/ pen high touch zones.
- We are incorporating the use of E-Script for paperless prescriptions.
- We have installed plexiglass health guard partitions in front of the reception area for mobile payments, thereby limiting exposure and contact with patients.
- We are implementing new equipment to remove aerosols during surgery.
- We have installed air filters in surgical rooms and front reception area to circulate and clean air.
- All patients will be required to use an oral rinse to minimize viruses and bacteria.
- We are disinfecting all operatories and front reception areas every hour and after every patient we see.
- We’ve removed all materials on countertops.
- We have removed all reading materials to avoid possible cross contamination.
- Team members are following rigorous healthy hygiene habits, such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing and monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms before heading to work. We will require a temperature check-in for all employees at start and of the day.
Extended practice hours
We want to accommodate you and your schedule as you return back to work. We are now available from 7am -7pm with Saturday appointments 3 times a month. Please call or email our office to schedule your appointments. We are currently scheduling patients for June/July. This is provisional and may change in accordance to CDC, CDHP, and State and Local guidelines.
What You Can Do
- Wear a mask when entering the office. They will be mandatory.
- When you arrive, call or text us from your car. We will let you know when we are ready for you to enter the office. This way, you can avoid the reception area and go straight back to a clean and sterilized treatment room.
- All surgical escorts to wait outside the office. We will call or text you when the patient is ready to leave post-surgery.
- Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check in.
- Please leave family members at home (unless escorting a minor) to limit the number of people in the practice.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later.
- Maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team.
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
- Tell your friends and family about your visit. We will provide the same healthy environment for them to have any necessary treatment completed.
Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and/or our dedicated Covid-19 page on our website for up-to-date information, as well as tips and resources on how to maintain your oral health at home during these times.
SF Oral Surgery