Meet Dr. William Chan
Dr. William Chan has called San Francisco his home since 1964. After graduating from San Francisco’s Lowell High School, he then obtained his B.S. and M.S. degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. He received his D.D.S. degree from the University of California at San Francisco then remained at UCSF to complete his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Since 1979, Dr. Chan has maintained his present private practice and also teaches at UCSF as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, where he has received the award for Outstanding Volunteer Faculty of the Year numerous times.
Dr. Chan is Board Certified and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He also holds membership in the following organizations:
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- San Francisco Dental Society
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
Dr. Chan lives in San Francisco with his wife and enjoys Hawaiian music, Tai Chi, traveling, photography, and spending time with his grandchildren.