We want you to feel completely comfortable. Every part of your experience, from our cozy office interior to our highly-trained staff, is here to ensure you feel at ease at SF Oral Surgery. But regarding patient comfort, an important aspect of your total experience will be your choice for sedation.
SF Oral Surgery Excels at Sedation Dentistry
Dr. Chan, Dr. Rittenbach, and Dr. Yang have years of experience in applying general anesthesia and sedation dentistry, and our patients have benefited greatly from their skills. San Francisco patients often tell us how anxious they get when they have to go to the dentist.
Oral surgeons are unique among dental specialists with regard to their anesthesia training. Our doctors have extensive training, certification and experience in the administration of general anesthesia and management of medical emergencies. The equipment that we use in our practice for surgeries and recovery is similar to that which is used in hospitals.
Safety is our first priority in our practice.
- Our staff is highly trained and have completed training through CALAOMS OMSA
- All of our team is BLS certified
- We conduct regular Emergency Drills
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
There are a many benefits to our patients for choosing to have their procedure done under some form of sedation.
- Relaxation – Many patients will put off a procedure due to fear or anxiety. With sedation, they can be assured that they will be as comfortable as possible.
- Fewer appointments – Under general anesthesia, patients are often unaware of time and can tolerate longer, more extensive procedures that might otherwise take several visits.
- Safer treatments – With the use of sedation, doctors are able to control patient movement and gag reflexes that allow them greater control over the procedure itself with a higher degree of precision and safety.