For many men and women in San Francisco, the mere act of walking into the office of a dentist or an oral surgeon can be unnerving. Because we want to help calm your worries and prepare you for your initial consultation at our office, we’ve put together this blog to help you know what to expect. Rest assured, your comfort is at the top of our priorities.
First, Scheduling Basics
Staffed by friendly, devoted, and conscientious professionals, SF Oral Surgery is committed to providing the highest degree of patient care and services possible. Our administrative team facilitates scheduling and is experienced and knowledgeable about insurance policies.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. To schedule your initial implant dentistry consultation, simply call our San Francisco office at (415) 776-6710 during these hours, and we will schedule a time that works best for you.
Once you have scheduled your initial implant dentistry consultation, you can visit our website to fill out our secure online Patient Registration Form. Pre-filling this form will expedite your wait time at our office. And don’t worry – the security and privacy of your personal data are one of our primary concerns, and we have taken every possible precaution to protect it.
The Day of Your Implant Dentistry Consultation
When you first visit SF Oral Surgery for your implant dentistry consultation, you will meet with one of our doctors at our San Francisco office to discuss your symptoms and concerns. Our doctors will also perform a full examination and determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. On rare occasions, it is possible to have implant surgery on the same day as your consultation, but most often patients are required to return for a second visit to have their implants placed.
In addition to the examination and consultation you will have with one of our implant dentistry doctors, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your surgical referral slip, if applicable
- Previous X-rays, if applicable
- A list of medications you are currently taking, if applicable
- Medical and dental insurance cards, if applicable
Coming to your initial consultation prepared with these items will save time and allow our team to process any claims.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
While most of our San Francisco dental implants patients prefer them over other dental prosthesis options, there are other factors our doctors will need to consider before agreeing to place your dental implants.
- Patients must provide their medical and dental history.
- Patients must complete a pre-operative consultation and physical examination with their primary care physician.
- Patients must communicate that they have realistic expectations for their final results.
- Patients must not use tobacco for at least two weeks prior to surgery, and two weeks after surgery.
- If medically safe, patients must stop taking medications prior to their dental implant surgery.
- Patients must have sufficient jawbone in which to place the dental implants. If they do not, a bone graft may be required prior to surgery.
Make That Call Today!
The entire staff at SF Oral Surgery is ready to help make your experience with dental implants a positive one. If you reside in the San Francisco area and you’re ready to learn more about how implant dentistry can help you, call our office today at (415) 776-6710 to schedule your initial consultation.