Implant dentistry has become the standard of care for many practices in San Francisco, CA, including SF Oral Surgery. The process offers significant advantages over older methods of tooth replacement:
- Teeth anchor to the jaw in a stable, permanent way.
- Dental implants offer the same functionality as your original teeth.
- For patients in San Francisco, implant dentistry can restore the smile within a single day.
- Implants require little upkeep beyond typical oral health care (brushing, flossing, and general checkups.)
Just as importantly, dental implants help to retain bone in the area of missing teeth. As a result, your face should continue to hold its structure, and your smile should stay attractive for years to come.
Do You Need Implant Dentistry?
Dental implants can help you address a variety of oral health concerns…
Missing teeth. Whether you have one or several teeth that you want to replace, dental implants can be an excellent, lasting solution. Your oral surgeon can design the implant to match the look and placement of your existing teeth.
Decay. If your teeth have progressed to a serious stage of decay, your general dentist may recommend removing them to avoid infection and other complications. Oral surgeons use implant dentistry as an effective way of replacing these teeth.
Damage. Some patients have teeth that are damaged to the point that they require replacement. Adults often need dental implants after trauma, such as a fall or another accident (SF Oral Surgery also offers San Francisco pediatric oral surgical services for children who need emergency care.)
Total Replacement of One or Both Arches
Your teeth may have eroded or had significant enough damage that the best option is to replace them all. SF Oral Surgery offers All-on-4® dental implants and related procedures to San Francisco, CA patients experiencing these and other dental conditions.
In a total replacement procedure, your surgeon places four (or more) dental implants. Instead of attaching a single crown to each implant, they can connect a full set of permanent teeth on the top and / or bottom. With this approach, SF Oral Surgery can offer you a complete smile within a single visit.
Nearly 19% of adults aged 65 and over were edentulous (missing all their teeth).
-According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
You are not alone!
It has been estimated that 69% of Americans ages 35 to 44 have at least one missing tooth.
History of Implant Dentistry
Humans have been replacing teeth with a variety of materials for thousands of years. In the mid-1960’s, Dr. Per-Ingvar Branemark, a Swedish orthopaedic surgeon, began using titanium posts, which he found to be the most biocompatible to replace teeth. Titanium continues to be the most widely used material today.
Benefits of Dental Implants
San Francisco patients that have missing teeth or who are suffering from the inconvenience of traditional dentures can get gorgeous and natural-looking results from dental implants.
Dental Implants are the only option that:
- Stimulate bone and impede bone resorption to prevent your facial structures from having a shrunken appearance
- Support the surrounding teeth
- Restore your confidence as you eat and smile throughout the day
- Provide a strong and sturdy foundation for one or more teeth, without compromising the health of surrounding teeth or structures.
- No more cavities! Thanks to dental implants and crowns being made of titanium and porcelain, gum disease is usually the primary problem. Brushing and flossing just like your natural teeth, as well as seeing your dentist regularly for professional cleanings, will ensure that your dental implants last for as long as possible
BENEFITS TO HAVING YOUR IMPLANTS PLACED BY OUR TEAM AT SF ORAL SURGERY
- We are skilled at placing a wide variety of implants and can tailor your treatment plan to fit your priorities.
- Our team is very well experienced in all aspects of the procedure as well as your care and comfort in a surgical environment.
- We work seamlessly with many dentists in the Bay Area to provide you with the best results, aesthetically and functionally.
- We are committed to always using the highest quality implant systems with a proven track record and decades of research.
- Make sure you check out our gallery of Before-and-After pictures to see some real-life examples of our surgeons’ world-class skill.
Explore implant dentistry with our practice. Call our San Francisco, CA office at (415) 776-6710 to schedule an initial consultation.