Many San Francisco men and women visit our doctors every year to discuss tooth-replacement options. Whether age, infection, or injury have caused you to have loose or missing teeth, oral impairment can drastically change your life—and not for the better.
While dentures and bridges are some of the most common types of dental restoration options most men and women are aware of, in truth, the various types of dental implant options are considered by most dental professionals, including our doctors, to be the best option available to restore oral function. One of the biggest reasons our doctors prefer All-on-4 dental implants over dentures and other temporary options is because they prevent patients from making drastic changes in how they chew, speak, and care for their teeth. In fact, All-on-4 dental implants give San Francisco patients the ability to regain normal chewing and speaking habits.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants are a less-invasive form of dental implants through which our doctors utilize just 4-6 dental implants to replace an entire arch of teeth. By strategically placing these implants into healthy bone, our doctors can then attach all-new prosthetic teeth on top.
With the All-on-4 dental implants model, more San Francisco men and women are able eligible to receive this type of tooth-replacement option as no pre-surgeries are required before their placement. Additionally, All-on-4 dental implants can be immediately loaded, meaning our doctors can place the implants and provide their patients with an entirely new set of functional teeth in one day! All-on-4 dental implants come with even more benefits, including:
- They are permanent, meaning they won’t slip and slide around the mouth and will never need to be replaced as long as they are properly cared for.
- San Francisco patients can eat, drink, and speak without limitations, worry, or fear.
- They provide natural-looking results and give patients a smile they can proudly show off.
Other Tooth-Replacement Options Don’t Provide the Same Freedom
Men and women who are considering tooth-replacement options want to know how All-on-4 dental implants differ from other options such as dentures and bridges. As we mentioned, All-on-4 dental implants provide complete freedom for men and women, allowing them to chew better, speak better, and smile with confidence.
On the other hand, dentures and bridges do not provide these same benefits for patients. While dentures and bridges provide some relief for patients regarding chewing, speaking, and smiling, they come with several downfalls.
- They will never feel like natural teeth.
- Dentures feel loose in the mouth and often shift and slide.
- The movement that occurs with dentures often leads to sores within the mouth on the natural gums.
- They restrict the types of foods patients can eat and are prone to cracking and breaking.
- Dentures require special adhesives and paste to keep them in place, which often leaves men and women with a foreign taste in their mouths and the fear that the prosthesis will come loose.
- Dentures cover the top palate of the mouth, which causes patients to lose the ability to taste food properly.
- They often lead to speech difficulties.
- They often need to be replaced several times within a lifetime as the face shape and jawbone change, which leads to an overall higher cost.
Call Our Doctors at SF Oral Surgery to Schedule Your Initial Consultation
Don’t wait to call our doctors for an initial All-on-4 dental implants consultation so you can finally enjoy the freedoms that come with this permanent tooth-replacement option! Get back to enjoying your favorite foods and chew better with the All-on-4 dental implants model!
Call our office in San Francisco today at (415) 776-6710, and a member of our friendly team will be happy to help you!